Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE WEDDING! & The Sanity Clause?

I am beginning to understand that December is always a busy time of year, but my Family takes this to new extremes.


Aunty Monica and Uncle Paul, two of my favourite names because I keep using them, were married on November 29th. Everybody that knows them heaved a big sigh and said "its about time!!!!!"


It was a beautiful day, Monica looked radiant and Paul suitably nervous. As you will see in the pictures the Reception was a real rage. I had just the right outfit for the day, my dress from Paris that Jane bought as a welcome to Australia present. Omma made sure to tell me I shouldn't upstage the bride on her day of days, but as Abba says that is sooo hard when you are as cute as I am. Who was the fairest was indeed a close call as you can see.

Deep down I know we all had a most enjoyable day and were impressed Monica has the right connections to hold the weather off too. Congratulations Monica and Paul.

Everybody knows that December is known as the silly season for a good reason. We all make such efforts to ensure we see all our friends, families and workmates to wish them Merry Christmas. Usually everyone has far too many people to see all at once, so this means the better part of the month is spent in parties and other celebrations.

Well I can report that Omma and Abba are no exception to this cultural practice and we have become the proverbial "Party Animals."

It all started with the news that The Bubbs received the Notice To Travel to meet their second boy from Korea, Hamish. With some wonderful help from Jung-Hee, we wrote a letter to my Foster Mother in Korea to tell her I am well and happy. It was a good opportunity to play with Eugenie. She is a lovely friend.

Of course I haven't forgotten about Han Ho Kids Club. We went there with all the other children from Korea and had a wonderful day playing on the equipment, riding the fire truck, scoffing all the yummy food..... oh yeah... and meeting Santa (you know the guy in the Red suit, big beard and presents)

Most of the kids think he is pretty cool just 'cos he gives away free stuff, but you really gotta worry about a weirdo that dresses in all that clobber during the hottest part of the Australian summer! Perhaps this is why I took the present but held on tight to Omma. No smelly gumboots and sweaty armpits just to have my photo taken yet again. I kept a tight hold on Omma to ensure she didn't hand me over for a cuddle.

Many people think I may have an artistic side due in part to my enjoyment of music. Well I sure do love to dance and the Korean drumming caused me to kick up my heals again. When the ladies had finished their performance, they invited me to have a go on their drums. After a shy start, I really got into the action. There is something special about belting the old skins to your hearts content. So Soothing.

The middle of December has finally arrived with a very welcome gift to us all. A new boy for the Bubbs. Mary and Al are such proud parents and even Lochie shows he is a caring and excited big brother. They had a wonderful time in Korea, but we are not sure if Mary is up to Michelle and Omma's standard of shopping if she gave up due to minus 10 deg Celcius outside. 'Cmon Mary!!

It was nice to see their arrival at Melbourne airport. It is so hard to believe that it is barely 8 months since we made the same journey. I think I even caught Abba with a wistful tear.

Hamish is a hansome chap and makes a fine playmate too. Welcome- Anyong Haseyo, Hamish, you'll love your new life here.

No comments: