Sunday, June 1, 2008

Too Fabulous for Words

When you are a cute, trendsetting baby like me there can never be too much colour in your life and this has been the theme for this week...... Fashion.

It started with the long awaited return of Omma's friend Jane from her cooking course in France. Her gift to me was the most beautiful Burberry dress all the way from Paris! I knew immediately to match with a white short sleeve top and gray tights. As you can see in the picture, I make quite a statement in the playground fashion stakes.

Not to be outdone, Cousin Ash bought a wonderful cotton summer dress from Thailand. I might have to wear this during our trip to Cairns in August with Omma.

The highlight of the week was going to a first birthday party for my friend and fellow Korean born girl, Lilly. All the kids were asked to wear our Hanboks for the ceremonial section. As you can see in the picture Lilly & I made an impact in our colourful traditional clothes. My own Hanbok is the one given to me by my Foster Mother, Mrs Lim. Abba & Omma love how pretty I look wearing it although the hat is a little annoying and I try to take it off all the time.

Lilly's Omma held a traditional first birthday ceremony. One part of the ceremony involves a table laden with items such as money, fruit, paper and pens. The child is led around the table by Abba until the child picks up something. The first two items are said to predict the life ahead for the child. Lilly picked up money and string. This suggests she will be in for a long and rich life, Lucky Girl. I wonder what I will pick at my birthday in July, what to choose..... decisions, decisions...








No comments: